• Toolkit
    • Mold problem kept quiet
Comments

"The district did not notify parents, teachers or school board members." And, "A district health worker did not recall any reports of health problems that could be associated with the mold."

Since "The District" has not been straightforward about the mold problem, it would not be logical to expect them to be forthcoming about respiratory complaints that might be traced to the mold infestation that they chose to hid.

The article does a good job of demonstrating a strong possibility that The District tried to cover up the mold infestation. In that case, a higher authority should audit The District's office, find out why The District found it necessary to hide a problem that otherwise only cost $3K to fix, and consider removing the officials that actively chose to hide the problem and are beginning to sound very stupid with all of their "I don't recall" responses.

After a rainstorm, sticking a $25 hygrometer inside the affected wall might also help indicate if the environment continues to be encourage mold growth. For reference sake, in the home during the winter when we're using humidifiers and keeping the windows closed, we are told to keep humidities below 50% to avoid mold.

Continuing spore-count tests are the only way to confirm that all the mold has been removed.

It's been my personal experience that exposure to respiratory irritants can create allergies that remain with a person for a long time. In my case it was massive quantities of dog hair for 24 hours, twenty five years ago, which started a dust allergy that I still have today.

  • Average: 0 —  Votes: 0
    No rating